A senior service designer at Info is a champion for the overall product or service vision, by advocating for the business case with both technology and business stakeholders. During development, the service designer advocates for a holistic response that balances diverse priorities and leads to intuitive design. They leverage insights from the business context, user research, visual design and software development to identify issues and synthesize solutions.
More broadly, you should look beyond the immediate deliverable. Our senior service designer should act in a consulting role, enabling the Client to innovate and create more than the original business value. By fostering deep working relationships with our clients you should pro-actively look for opportunities to deepen the value of the partnership and expand the business value of a product portfolio.
In short you will:
- Upon being given a business vision and approach, be able to architect an actionable product solution and manage the complexity of an evolving product portfolio.
- Be able to work in a fast-moving agile product development process, provide support for learning, innovation, hypothesis testing, and continuous design.
- Guide product design iterations. On an ongoing basis identify and solve issues that span multiple parts of the product or service.
- Be a source of new ideas and possibilities for our clients. Extend the reach of the engagement beyond technology issues and the immediate project looking at all parts of the problem that our clients and their users face.
Here’s what you will bring:
- You speak, read and write in Dutch
- You will likely have 6+ years of experience and come from one of the 2 backgrounds:
- a traditional design education with increasing responsibility in titles such as UX designer, design strategist or product analyst.
- a social sciences or business education and have worked in software development as a business analyst, product owner or UX researcher
- You may have a varied background (ideally agency or consultancy) and have worked in various industries
- You naturally build bridges between people who work in different spaces
- You can explain complex problems & ideas clearly & persuasively to different audiences
- You have high emotional intelligence, even in stressful situations
- You can maintain a view over the big picture, while maintaining the importance of small details but without getting lost in them
- You see patterns across problems, and domains and can synthesize them into actionable insights
- You are passionate about service design and optimizing processes to improve workflow
In addition to a competitive salary with good secondary benefits, like 30 vacation days, we offer a self-sufficient and varied job in a creative environment that will inspire you to execute your ideas. We’re located in the heart of Amsterdam, a mere 10 minute walk from Central Station, in a beautiful building almost directly situated on the Nieuwmarkt, renowned for its bars and terraces.
A great group of international colleagues, TGIF drinks (Thursdays count as well), hacking days, regular workshops, a canteen that caters for great lunches, a walled garden for self-reflection and the opportunity to dare a colleague for a game of pool or football.
Please send your resumé, motivation and your portfolio of your most inspiring recent and relevant work to email@example.com. You will receive a response within two days. If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact Anja Molenaar or Dionne Helmer.